Thursday, April 3, 2008

Zzzzzzzzz...

Early this morning, I discovered a brand new impediment to a good night's sleep. No, I'm not talking about the turkey that gobbles in the woods just outside the house (which I didn't believe was real when Marianne told me about it last week, but must concede that I have since heard for myself), nor the freight trains that sound their horns and fill the valley with resonant echoes as they race past, though they have been known to give a steampunk flavor to my dreams. I'm referring, rather, to the sound of snoring. My own.
For several years, I've known that I can't sleep for long on my back; in that position I quickly snore myself awake. But now it's begun happening when I'm sleeping on my side as well. What to do? Will I lose the safety of belly-sleep, too? Will I have to wear one of those funny adhesive strips across my nose? Heavens to Betsy! Growing older is difficult.

1 comment:

Treden said...

Have you tried nasal irrigation? I have found that frequent use of a neti pot can keep the snores away.

Always use non-iodized salt to create a saline solution for use in your neti pot. There are lots of web resources on them.

Maybe your potter neighbor could fashion you a custom neti pot. If so, I want one too.

I hope you get some sleep soon.