Friday, May 9, 2008

Shhh, listen...

Spring Concentration has come to an end. All the students and instructors have packed up and gone home, the kitchen is closed, and with our short work-week behind us, most of my house-mates have gone away on vacation, leaving me, Joshua, and Shane nearly alone on an empty campus. I had forgotten how quiet it was when I first arrived here (on my first morning walk, I was afraid that I had gone deaf until I realized that I could still hear my feet on the pavement) and now I'm remembering in a big way. Last night we sat, waiting for Tina's spaetzle to finish cooking, with the windows open, savoring the sound of the birds and the occasional passing train. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. I should be getting my car back tomorrow. I'm planning on doing some major reportage about the spring here on the blog, but first, I'm going to finish painting my room, reacquaint myself with the Nintendo 64 (courtesy of former Core John Shearin), and take a nap. If you're within half a mile, you should be able to hear me snore.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Sounds nice to me. Had you gotten used to being without a car? Are you ready to trade it in for a golf cart? It would be a step back to a former time for us - you in the Reliant, me in the Trooper, crawling up back roads of Pennsylvania mountains...

OK, keep the car.