Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ID 1


Because of some funny scheduling issues, Penland celebrates Independence Day today, July the 1st this year. I've volunteered to help fire off fireworks this evening. I've also been asked to present trophies to the winners of best-parade-float awards. When she approached me about it, Stacey Lane said, "usually we have some really glamorous woman do the presenting, but this year we'd like you to do it." Apparently, she got the idea after seeing my self-portraits as a woman in one of my slide presentations. Since I don't really feel like stepping out in drag this evening, I'll be presenting the awards in the persona of a cowboy (well, sort of a posh cowboy, I guess). As I was dressing this morning, I thought of a great idea for a piece of sketch comedy: The Cowboy Congressman. Basically, he's a stereotypical cowboy, elected to the US Congress, and every time someone disagrees with him in a debate, he shoots them. Also, whenever there's an important vote, he rounds up all the members of his caucus with a lasso. Genius, right? I'm waiting by the phone, Tina Fey. As I'll be spending the real 4th of July cleaning the Pines for changeover, let me wish you all a happy Independence Day today.

No comments: