Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today

At breakfast, I talked to Ledelle Moe about what it's like to live in Baltimore. Then I cleaned my car and bought 2 CD/DVD organizers, a 3-ring binder, a pack of 8.5 x 11" sheet protectors, and a new pair of jeans. I hunted down all my stray CDs and put them all together in the new case. I scanned, uploaded, and backed up work images from this summer. I backed up some other stuff that had been sitting on the public computer for a while. I put all my DVDs/CD-ROMs of work files in the new case (made of steel for protection), and I checked out what was on all the blank burned DVDs that were floating around, labeled and stored them. I pulled together and organized the objects and prints that I've made this summer. I cleaned out the car. 
This evening, it came to me gently, with a mixture of sadness and exhilaration: today was the day I started getting ready to leave Penland.

4 comments:

RReichert said...

Sounds like change is happening... I am going to guess that really good things will happen to you after Penland, and that new doors will be open. I really enjoyed getting to know you. I hope you have a nice break from classes,and a smooth transition into a new life.

Treden said...

Wow. The time has flown by. I was thinking that you were there until February.

When are you planning on moving on? Where are you going when you do?

Wes Stitt said...

There's still quite a bit of time left; I have obligations to the school until Thanksgiving. But yesterday felt like the first time I'd started seriously thinking and planning for what comes next. I don't know what that is, yet, but I don't think I'm going to spend the whole winter here. That was very lonely/ isolating/ economically challenging last year and I don't really want to repeat it. I could stay until February if I chose, though.

sarahmartin said...

Screw you Wes.